Hints + Tips
For all products, please test a small portion on skin before use.
Raven + Lion
Raven Mascara: To use, slide open the tin and rub the spoolie against the mascara, spinning slightly to pick up more product. Apply to your lashes - that's all! You do not need to use water - this can actually make application more difficult!
Colder season/climate/bathrooms: Because the Raven Mascara is a wax based product unlike traditional mascaras, during colder times of the year, if you live somewhere cold, or if you just have a cold bathroom, the product can harden with the change in temperature. If you're having difficulty picking up product, or getting it to apply to your lashes, this is likely why! We do not change the formula seasonally, so we recommend keeping your mascara in a warmer area, or in your pocket near your body heat for 10 minutes before applying. Do not use heating machinery to warm the mascara, as melting the product can ruin it.
If you're still having issues getting it started, you can use a small amount of a mild oil (coconut oil, for example) on your brush to help soften the top layer, or use the point of your spoolie to lightly poke around the top layer. If the product is exposed to cold temperatures for an extended period of time (in shipping, or outside in a mailbox) it may need a little extra work to "break the seal", so to speak.
The Raven Mascara works best with a few layers. It is not designed for many heavy layers, though some do have success with thick layers. It's encouraged to test out how the Raven mascara works best for you!
Smudging is caused by excess oil interacting with the mascara (from your skin, moisturizer, etc.). If you do tend to experience smudging:
1. Wash your face before applying mascara, and make sure your skin is clean and dry. Do not apply eye creams or moisturizer close to your eyes/lids to reduce smudging.
2. Prime your lids with a powder to absorb excess oil and prevent interaction
3. Avoid curling your lashes so much that they constantly touch your lids and brows
4. If you're still experiencing issues, allow your mascara a moment to dry, then use your finder to gently apply a thin top coat of aloe vera
Lion Brow Taming Wax - there are three methods for use:
1. (the favorite) Pop the wax out of the container and rub directly against your brows, then brush them into place with your spoolie
2. Rub your spoolie against the brow wax and brush through your brows
3. Rub your finger against the brow wax and apply to your brows, then brush through with your spoolie
Our products are made with biodegradable paper push-up tubes. To begin using, slowly and firmly push from the bottom of the tube. End of life: place with your food scraps, compost, or recycling. Back to earth!
Colder Climates/Weather: If you live somewhere cold, or if you just have a cold bathroom, wax-based products can harden with the change in temperature. If you're having difficulty building up a product, or getting it to apply darker, this is likely why! We do not change the formula seasonally, so we recommend keeping your mascara in a warmer area, or in your pocket near your body heat for 5-10 minutes before applying. Do not use heating machinery to warm products, as melting the product can ruin it.
The Redwood Rain Dry Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and thin, and a little goes a long way! To begin using, gently but firmly push against the surface layer with your thumb to “break the crust”. Start with a sunflower seed sized amount if applying to your face, rub between your fingers to until the consistency is clear and smooth, then apply to skin. If using elsewhere, start with small amounts to test, as you'll learn how much works best for your skin type.